- Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the company. Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Coordinate the Department’s activities and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Assist Audit Committee in fulfilment of its duties and responsibilities.
- Meet with Audit Committee:
1. Annually to discuss and approve the Department’s scope and schedule for the coming year
2. Periodically to review and discuss audit findings and other matters at other such times as necessary
- Review the company practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of bank records and recordkeeping.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Investigate, as requested by Senior Management, fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within the company. Work in cooperation with law enforcement agencies in any such cases as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the Internal Audit Department and with the approval of the Audit Committee.
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in related auditing position
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactivity and initiative.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Ability to exercise good business judgment in handling complex situations.
- Team Commitment.
- Stress tolerance.
- Good with IT especially Excel
Responsible to the Board of Directors for the internal auditing and reviewing of all functions performed by staff. Maintain and update auditing procedures as regulated by the Board and regulatory agencies. Report to the Board results of the audits conducted.
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org